Joining a professional forum group should be about more than sitting back and listening to a keynote speaker. It should be a chance to take your own experiences and share them with others in your field. It’s about giving you the opportunity to engage with your peers, share real life stories, and offer practical advice.
What we’re about
The WINE WOMEN Winemakers Forum strives to foster your professional growth while giving you the opportunity to share your skills with our group. It’s your opportunity to get up and speak, and a chance to guide the conversation.
Potential discussion and speaker topics
- Understanding wine cost accounting
- Implications of the broad wine market on winemaking decisions
- Grower relations
- Successful preparation and presentation of an ROI analysis for capital purchases
- Identify and successfully engage the gatekeepers
- Securing strategic relationships with suppliers
What’s in it for you
We realize everyone’s time is precious, and our goal is to ensure that everyone leaves each meetup with at least 3 applicable takeaways. We will be strategic in our planning, we will be organized with our agenda, and we will make sure being a part of the WINE WOMEN Winemakers’ Forum is well worth your time.
What to expect
- A sea of winemakers all crowding to the bar (or plank between two barrels) to uncork (or unscrew) the wine they brought to share!
- Shared winemaking “war stories” to help you feel you’re not alone; and solutions to the winemaker’s problems to make you feel you’ve got a trusted group of colleagues who’ve got your back.
- To be held accountable! We are not a sometimes-show-up, sometimes-not-‘cuz-you’re-tired organization. We’ll establish policies to abide by, agreed upon by the members. Make this forum what you want and need to advance your career.
What to bring
- A bottle of wine to share.
- A stack of business cards to share with other attendees.
- Your best elevator speech!
Meet your forum chair
Linda Trotta – Winemaker at AW Direct LLC and Winemaking and Vineyard Consultant for several estate wine projects in Sonoma County. Past winemaking employers include Delicato Family Vineyards, Swiftwater Cellars, Teresina Vintners and the Gundlach Bundschu portfolio, which over the span of my 20 year tenure included: Gundlach Bundschu Estate and non-Estate bottlings, Bartholomew Park and Block 13. For the last 5 years I also oversaw the management of GB’s 300 acre estate vineyard, which included the redevelopment of portions of the vineyard. | Email Linda
About WINE WOMEN Forums
- WINE WOMEN Forums are career development tools for women (and men) in the wine industry.
- Each forum is profession or topic-driven.
- Eligibility to join a forum is established by each forum’s membership.
- Forums are open to both women and men (unless otherwise stated).
- Advance registration REQUIRED for events.
Our Forums include:
- Profession-Specific Knowledge
- Training Seminars
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Relationship Building
- Develop Credibility
- Sales Referrals or Introductions
- Speaking Opportunities